Each year the club holds an annual auction of model aeroplanes and associated equipment. This is one of the major events on the club calendar and is one of the largest model aero auctions in the country. It attracts aeromodellers from around the country to both buy and sell. The auction is generally held in the main hangar of Classic Flyers at Tauranga airport. This provides a venue among full size aircraft memorabilia, with refreshments available, and an aviation themed playground for the little ones.
The auction provides a venue for sale and exchange of current and vintage aeromodelling equipment between active modellers.
Deceased estates. The auction provides a means of re-purposing items from deceased estates. In many cases families of deceased relatives do not know what to do with Uncle Charlie’s collection of old engines. Opportunity shops and second hand dealers have no understanding of model engineering, and families will have a natural reluctance to take stuff to the tip. The TMAC annual auction is a means of finding a new owner who will share the enthusiasm that Uncle Charlie had.
Yes folks, its that time of year again. This is our biggest fund-raising activity of the year. Modellers come from all over the country so it’s a good opportunity for a social catch-up as well as the chance to grab a bargain.
The committee has test flown the electronic auction system and its all go!
- Classic Flyers will provide refreshments. Kids can use the aviation themed playground.
- Classic Flyers have also donated a sightseeing flight in their Stearman biplane. This will be auctioned with proceeds coming to the club.
- In addition to the main auction, there will be a side table for items to be sold at fixed price (generally below $30).
- We will also have a number of $1 and $2 items. These will be on a cash basis so bring some coin and folding stuff.
- This year we will also have a number of free items. You may have some stuff cluttering up your workshop which is of little value but which may be useful to other modellers. Bring it along and put it on the free table for others to rummage through,
- It will help the registration process if you could fill out the registration forms before you arrive. Forms can be downloaded from the website below. Note that there are separate forms for auction items and for fixed price items. The registration form only allows 50 characters for a description. If you want to write an essay about what servos its got, or other details, tape a brief note to the model. Buyers can read this and the auctioneer can read it out.
- Registration fees are $2 for buy and sell up to 4 items, $5 for 5 or more items. Bring cash!
- At the end of the auction you will be given a bill summarising your purchases and sales. Payment can be made by EFTPOS or direct credit to your bank account.
Photos from previous auctions